Section 3, Question 5
- It was easy for the team to agree on important decisions
- Key decisions about our company were made by the entire team
- I was comfortable sharing my ideas with my team
- Most of the time, members of our team asked each other for feedback on their work
- Team members acknowledged the points of view of others
- There was a team leader who guided the simulation
- The contributions of other team members assisted my understanding of the simulation
- My team had regular meetings to evaluate our performance
- Our team performed well in the simulation
- My team was dedicated to the task
- My team worked well together
- My team actively exchanged ideas using online tools
- The unique skills and talents of each team members were fully valued and utilised
- Our team interactions helped me to understand other points of view
- Working as a team allowed me to work smarter, not harder
- I was able to learn new skills and knowledge from other members in my team
- Competition between teams motivated me to spend more time on the simulation
- Overall, working as a team on the simulation was better than other team assessment tasks I have experienced.
Section 3, Question 7
Did your team use any of the following online collaboration tools to interact? Please add any online tools not listed below if needed.
- Google Docs
- Skype/Google Hangouts/Facetime
- Instant Messaging
Section 3, Question 8
Was the use of any of these tools particularly challenging?
If yes, could you tell us briefly which of the tools were challenging and why?
Which tools were the most useful?
- Q5 Items 1, 3, 5, 10, 12, 14 measure collaborative learning
- Q5 Items 9, 11, 13 measure group dedication
- Q5 Items 2, 4, 6, 7, 8 measure socially shared metacognition
- Q5 Items 15, 16, 17, 18 measure individual outcomes
- Q7-Q8 measure online engagement